Tuesday, September 16, 2014

For Anime North 2015 I am cosplay as....dun dun dun...

A Nightingale from Skyrim!

A male Nightingale from Skyrim. Affectionately called "Big Guy".


Well, not quite like that, but when I can't see details on the female version, this guy comes in handy! I call him "Big Guy". 

A female Nightingale and my main picture reference for my cosplay.

 There we go! Much better. As you can see, her arm guards are hard to see, while Big Guy has his more visible. This is why you need multiple references. 

I also looked for any cosplayers who had posted pictures or helpful tips for this cosplay and I found:

 http://beebichu.blogspot.ca/

Her Skyrim cosplays are AMAZING! And her Nightingale cosplay how-to is very helpful! A lot of what I have done is based on what she has done. She was even nice enough to reply to my questions about the cape/cloak (now referred to as a "clape"). 

Beebichu cosplaying as a Nightingale from Skyrim.

Nightingale Blade reference. 

Nightingale Blade reference #2.
Nightingale Bow reference.

Here is my Daedric Arrow reference. Notice how the arrow is like a "c" shape, and not a normal arrow.
  




Nightingale Crest reference.
 
So, now that you have gone through my references you are probably wondering were to start.

Well, here is my supply list to date:

1 metre of black vinyl with a slight stretch to it ($14.50/m)
Hot glue
Hot glue gun
7 metres of blue cotton cord (0.80 cents/m)
18 pairs of small "D" rings (0.80 cents/pair)
A dollar store broad sword ($2)
Silver spray paint ($8/can)
Paint brushes ($2 for a pack of five from the dollar store).
1 pack of EVA foam interlocking foam sheets (you know, the colourful ones that look like they are for kids) ($14 for a pack of 4, on sale)
1 bottle of Black fabric paint ($8 for one bottle).
2 packs of Modeling clay ($2/pack from the dollar store).
Cotton fabric (scraps from home, but any thin fabric will do).
1 pair of black boots (I don't intend to wreck them, so I am using my fall boots. The cosplay will sit ON TOP of them, so don't worry).
1 black "liquid leather" body suit

I will update this list as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment