Saturday, September 20, 2014

Body Suit for Nightingale Cosplay (wait...I'm wearing what??)!



So, without a doubt the Nightingale cosplays I have seen use some sort of body suit. I contemplated just use a pair of black spandex pants and a long sleeve t-shirt, but OH NO, I HAVE to have that leather look...which means I need a "wet look catsuit".

So, I did what any good cosplayer, I did my research. I looked at the link Beebichu gave in her blog for the catsuit she used called "Liquid Pleahter". It looks like leather, but is quite expensive as it is made well and made for dancers. I emailed the company, and they told me it would cost $30 US to have it shipped to Canada. Making it cost me about $95. Not happening. But for those of you in the US. the shipping will be much better, so it could be worth it!
Body unitard from Rivers Edge Dancewear.

So, I did what I usually do and I Ebay'ed "leather catsuits" and after some searching, narrowed it down to "wet look catsuits". For $34, including shipping, I will be the proud owner of a wet look catsuit from Asia. When I ordered it, I went for a large, instead of a medium... even though they say it is US sizing, I have had problems where it is smaller than what is said. Asian sizes, in my experience, tend to run smaller. I can always take the catsuit in if I need to, but I can't add onto it!

The "Wet Look" Catsuit I bought from Ebay.
This particular suit unzips from the bum, ALL the way up the neck. I am hoping it has a double zipper on it, so having to use the washroom means I won't have to remove ALL my gear. Just be warned that if you search this type of thing, you will get A LOT of fetish gear coming up....

I warned you!

No comments:

Post a Comment