Friday, April 29, 2016

Spartan Mk VI Helmet Visor Update

So, as noted, I don't have much time to do anything. As such, today I am working on my helmet.
First off, I wanted to add another fan into my bucket. It likes to fog up.

This is not a hard thing to do. All you need is a computer fan, a 9V battery clip and 2 butt connectors. Cut the end of the 9 volt battery clip and strip the wires. Insert the black end of the wire into one end of the butt connector and crimp down the butt connector. Take the black wire from the fan, insert it into the other end of the butt connector and crimp it. Do the same with the red wires in another connector. Attach a 9V battery, and TA-DA, you should be in business.

Here is the insert I have from Stony Props. As you can see, it has holes I put in it to fasten it to my helmet. I purchased a clear plastic desk protector from Staples, cut out a piece in the same size. I overlapped the two pieces and put a dot on the clear plastic where I needed to put the holes for attachment. Next, I traced the pattern onto the protective peel of layer. I then used and Xacto knife to cut out the pieces.


Here is the clear plastic overlay for my visor. Up close, you can see it easily, but if you are farther away, it is less obvious.
...and here is the final result. I think it will look even better when I get the hexagon visor!
I also made the "light" covers on the side much smaller.





Next up on my list today is to add in the new fan...only downside is it is REALLY loud compared to my other fan haha. So we will see how this goes. I had originally ordered some blower fans, but they never arrived and the seller refunded me :(

On the bright side, my neck microphone has now shipped! Which means when I talk, there will be NO sound from the fans in my bucket :D

No comments:

Post a Comment