Monday, April 27, 2015

Halo Mk VI Gloves are Done!

Here they are! I finally finished my Halo Mk VI handplates and have them attached to my VTAC paintball guns using elastic that has been hot glued to the handplates.

The VTAC gloves were ordered through Ebay from an American company for $14. I love them! They were a little wide, so I had to sew the fabric of the glove closer to the main plastic part of the back of the glove. But other than that they are great!

Essentially, once the hand plates were cut out and the pieces glued together I sanded everything smooth and filled in the cracks with Dap bathroom and kitchen sealer. Once that was dry, I sprayed black Plasti-dip on, smoothed it out with a foam brush then let it dry for 30 minutes. Once dry, I did another coat of Plasti-dip. When that was dry, I spray painted my main colour. Again, I waited until it was dry and paint black acrylic paint in the recessed areas. I then painted the black acrylic paint around any edges that would get roughed up and smudged it with my finger. This step is done because worn metal loses its shine. Finally, I took some silver acrylic paint and dry brushed it on places I wanted the "metal" to show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment